NHS Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Integrated Care Board publication scheme – Introduction.
Integrated Care Systems and Integrated Care Boards in England
The Health and Care Act 2022 provides for the establishment of Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) across England, as part of the Act’s provisions for Integrated Care Systems (ICSs). NHS England established 42 ICBs on a statutory basis on 1 July 2022.
Integrated Care Systems are partnerships of NHS bodies and local authorities, working with other relevant local organisations, that come together to plan and deliver joined up health and care services to improve the lives of people in their area.
Each ICS will have an ICB which is a statutory NHS organisation responsible for developing a plan in collaboration with NHS trusts/foundation trusts and other system partners for meeting the health needs of the population, managing the NHS budget and arranging for the provision of health services in the defined area.
Our vision is to work with our population to optimise health and wellbeing, advance equality in our communities and make the best use of our resources.
We want people to live longer in good health and we are absolutely committed to spending public money wisely on the services that will make the biggest difference.
We develop our plans through discussions with local people to ensure that the public voice continues to inform all of our decisions.
Our goal in everything we do is to reduce health inequalities and improve health outcomes for the residents of Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes and the communities we serve.
The Integrated Care Board will use its resources and powers to achieve demonstrable progress on these aims, collaborating to tackle complex challenges, including:
- Improving the health of children and young people
- Supporting people to stay well and independent
- Acting sooner to help those with preventable conditions
- Supporting those with long-term conditions or mental health issues
- Caring for those with multiple needs as populations age
- Getting the best from collective resources so people get care as quickly as possible
The ICB is working in partnership with the following organisations to enable us to deliver joined-up health and adult care.
- Bedford Borough Council
- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Luton Borough Council
- Milton Keynes Council
- Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust.
If you would like to provide feedback about the publication scheme, please contact the Freedom of Information Lead firstname.lastname@example.org